Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Man resigns from job by handing in notice on cake

The resignation letter on a cake
Mr Berrett and his resignation letter cake Photo: W Neil Berrett

Neil Berrett sugared the pill of his departure from Hunters Point Naval Shipyard, San Francisco, by announcing his intentions in icing.

He posted a picture of the huge baked message on Flickr , the photo sharing website.

In the letter, Mr Berrett wrote: "Dear Mr. Bowers - During the past three years, my tenure at the Hunters Point Naval Shipyard has been nothing short of pure excitement, joy and whim.

"However, I have decided to spend more time with my family and attend to health issues that have recently arisen. I am proud to have been part of such an outstanding team and I wish this organization only the finest in future endeavors.

"Please accept this cake as notification that I am leaving my position with NWT on March 27. Sincerely, W. Neil Berrett".

The picture of the cake-letter prompted dozens of messages of support from Mr Berrett's followers on Flickr. Of these, most notable was that of "riversharkinc", who announced that he intended to apply for Mr Berrett by offering to bake a version of his CV.

He wrote: "Dear Mr. Bowers - I understand a position has recently become available and I would like you to consider me for the job.

"I am not entirely sure what it entails, but I am very smart, a quick learner and flexible. I am also able to recognize an opportunity as it presents itself and take advantage of it, even if it arrives disguised as a photo of a sheet cake."

Original here

No comments: